Packaging acrotex with TeX Live

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Oct 12 09:56:16 CEST 2020

Am Sun, 11 Oct 2020 15:35:37 -0600 schrieb Karl Berry:

> Ulrike: I know the standard is open, but if the practical reality is
> that it is only nonfree software that supports feature XYZ, it wouldn't
> be right to include packages whose main purpose is to deal with feature
> XYZ.  This has always been the case with TeX Live (and teTeX and tex-k
> before that).

Sure but the fact that the standard is open since quite some time
means that the probability that only "nonfree viewers" supports  a
feature requested by enough people is quite low. And as expected
searching a bit gives lots of hits outside adobe.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/