tlmgr restore doesn't trigger format rebuild (when needed)

Phelype Oleinik phe.h.o1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:40:58 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Today I updated babel (56239 -> 56531), which triggered a LaTeX format rebuild.
But a document of mine stopped working, so temporarily I did
    tlmgr restore babel 56239
to get the old babel back, but it didn't rebuild the formats automatically
(which it should, if I'm not mistaken), so I had to manually do
    fmtutil-sys --all
and updating again rebuilt the format as usual.

I think 'tlmgr restore' should trigger format rebuild for packages that do so
when updated, otherwise you might end up with a wrong format.

Best,
Phelype