Problem with xelatex 2020.7.18

Phelype Oleinik phe.h.o1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:08:23 CET 2020

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Patrick Cousot <cousot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear TeX Live team,

This is a LaTeX issue, so wrong list, but

> /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xkeyval/xkeyval.sty:62: Package xk
> eyval Error: xkeyval loaded before \documentclass.
>
> See the xkeyval package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.62 ...yval loaded before \protect\documentclass}
>                                                   %
> ?

This is a known issue introduced by the fix to this issue:
    https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/414
and it's already reported here:
    https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/421
    https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/422

This currently happens when you load a class file with a path, like:
    \documentclass{path/to/myclass}
then xkeyval complains and options are not correctly passed.  Meanwhile
you can either move your class file to the same folder as your main .tex
file, or use:
    \makeatletter
    \def\input at path{{path/to/}}
    \makeatother
    \documentclass{myclass}
which should work (even though it's not officially supported syntax).

I hope to have this fixed in the next few days.

Sorry about the trouble.

Best,
Phelype