SELFAUTOPARENT for redistributors

texlive at schoepfer.info texlive at schoepfer.info
Fri May 29 07:51:10 CEST 2020

Hi,

some scripts are failing here, as these search for SELFAUTOPARENT and
get '/', e.g.

bbl2bib:    chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich -var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`);
# TL root
biburl2doi:    chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich
-var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`); # TL root
ltx2crossrefxml:     chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich
-var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`); # TL root
bibzbladd:    chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich
-var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`); # TL root
bibdoiadd:    chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich
-var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`); # TL root
bibmradd:    chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich
-var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`); # TL root
pedigree:    chomp(my $TLMaster = `kpsewhich
-var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT`); # TL root

As SELFAUTOPARENT seems to be hardcoded, i tend to fix this by replacing
SELFAUTOPARENT
with TEXMFROOT for these scripts.

Is there a better fix for redistributors? Would something break if
upstream packages would
change to TEXMFROOT?

Thanks,

Johannes