Why is quran package installed by default on Texlive2020

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Fri May 15 12:24:35 CEST 2020

Am Freitag, den 15.05.2020, 17:57 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> > Norbert - Why does collection-xetex depend on quran - makes no
> > sense.
>

> Some collections **has** to depend on quran. Let me know which is
> better
>
> one! It is in -xetex because it requires xetex.

Why does some collection have to depend on a given package at all? From
the conceptual perspective I'd assum quran depends on -xetex not vice
versa.

Is this how TeX Live is organized, i.e. quran (or any other package) is
only included if one of the collections depends on it?

If so wouldn't it be useful to have a collection to pull in all non-
essential packages? Because (although I have zero interest in whether
quran is installed or not) I don't see why installing the -xetex
collection would pull in that package. quran is not necessary to use
XeTeX, isn't it?

Urs