Why is quran package installed by default on Texlive2020

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri May 15 03:51:22 CEST 2020

> Just moving from miktex to texlive and used scheme-small. quran was not installed in basic miktex and think the same for a basic texlive. Same reason bible packages aren't installed in basic miktex.

scheme-small depends on collection-xetex
collection-xetex depends on quran

So you need to avoid collection-xetex.

But there are also German and Urdu translations
	quran-de
	quran-ur
so you also need to avoid them, and collection-langother

As said, I suggest either living with it, and if you can't (and no, I am
not interest in the why), then **remove** the packges
	tlmgr remove --force quran quran-de quran-ur
and be happy.

> What texlive scheme avoids installing quran.

scheme-basic
scheme-context
scheme-infraonly
scheme-minimal

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev