Problem with figures

Colin Baxter m43cap at yandex.com
Wed May 13 21:14:39 CEST 2020

Dear Richard,

    > Colin, I tried your eps file instead and got precisely the same
    > error. I have been able to compile this file on earlier releases
    > of texlive as well (texlive 2019 and texlive 2015). So it appears
    > this may possibly be a bug in 2020. Do you know where to report
    > this and also do you know where I can get the texlive 2019 release
    > via the internet. I installed the official 2020 release that way
    > after my linux distro version (a prerelease of 2020) threw this
    > error but it did not help.

According to https://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html, bugs are sent to
report it again to gmane.comp.tex.live, where I first saw your post, or
to tex-live at tug.org (the same thing).

Before you do so, I suggest you check everything again. For example, if
you're using xdvi, I know there are issues with the display of graphics
to do with a bug in a version of ghostscript (I can't remember which one).

As to texlive2019, I got mine over the Internet using install-tl-unx.tar.gz
from https://tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html. The download is
painless.

Best wishes,

--