Tex Live Installation

Jeremías Aliquó jeremias.aliquo at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:57:02 CEST 2020

Dear Tex Live,

I am a non-technical user of LaTeX, I use it on my computer under Ubuntu
(now under 20.04).

I am convinced that LaTeX is a very powerful tool when composing texts.
I do not doubt that it is so and that every good writer will understand
it that way.

For the same reason of being a non-technical user, I have big problems
when installing Tex Live. All the help I find seems to be written for a
user experienced in the use of Linux and all of us who are not experts
are a bit relegated.

The reason for this email is simply to express the point of view of a
user who understands the power of the tool but who, at the time of its
installation, sees complications that are difficult to avoid, if he is
not an expert user.

When everything works correctly, the "Tex Live Guide" is a good help,
but when there are doubts or something does not work, it is difficult to
find help, at the level of a non-expert user.

Thanks for reading my email and thanks for developing Tex Live

Kind regards

Jeremías