missing man path

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 5 00:47:18 CEST 2020

    I expect after the addition bin to system PATH (export PATH), man and
    info will be working (as it was < 2020).
    >From TeX Live 2020 is necessary add/export MANPATH and INFOPATH manually.

So I guess you're saying that the man (and info?! seems unlikely)
program on Fedora automatically looks for man/ subdirectories in the
directories along PATH.

Well, that was exactly what I didn't know, and didn't think ever
happened on anything but Macs. I still can't find any documentation
about it, but whatever.  Ok, I guess I'll have to put the
bin/PLATFORM/man links back, ugly as they are. Sorry, Johannes.

Nothing specifically about info was changed. I can't guess what's going
on there. --best, karl.