uninstalling an old version

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Sun Mar 15 17:49:39 CET 2020

Also remember that just adding it to .bashrc often is not enough. I start everything from the CLI, so I have no issues with this. But a user who start their editor using a menu etc will never have had their PATH changed as starting the editor never involved a bash shell.

So I always advise to add it to .profile as well as it is executed as part of the login and this the PATH change is seen by the editor started from a menu.

(each year we see a lot of users who have installed TL correctly and added the change to barshrc becaose someone told them to, and they complain that their editor cannot find TL, or finds a sys installed older TL)

​BTW I do the same 'current' symlink trick. easy switch between versions, no cleanup.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University