tl2020 pretest begin

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 03:28:48 CET 2020

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 6:33 PM Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Paulo,
>
> Just one comment: there is nothing like the "correct encoding". Here in
> Japan we use daily at least two to three.

And I assume they are all correct -- in the sense they display the right
thing to a reader.

But something that is signed with "Petr Ol¹ák" is very big indication that
the file was written in ISO-8859-2 and saved in ISO-8859-1. In fact if you
change it -- the whole file becomes correct.

So files that are in the encoding idea by those people mostly using the
> software are in the correct encoding, even if it is not utf8.
>
> Best
> Norbert

Not always!  Just check the documentation for "vlna" and you will see.

Paulo Ney