tl2020 pretest begin

khzimmer at posteo.de khzimmer at posteo.de
Wed Mar 4 08:38:28 CET 2020

The error must be in TLUtils.pm, this function fails:

sub mkdirhier {
   my ($tree,$mode) = @_;
   my $ret = 1;
   my $reterror;

   if (-d "$tree") {
     $ret = 1;
   } else {
     my $subdir = "";
     # win32 is special as usual: we need to separate //servername/ part
     # from the UNC path, since (! -d //servername/) tests true
     $subdir = $& if ( win32() && ($tree =~ s!^//[^/]+/!!) );

     @dirs = split (/[\/\\]/, $tree);
     for my $dir (@dirs) {
       $subdir .= "$dir/";
       if (! -d $subdir) {
         if (defined $mode) {
           if (! mkdir ($subdir, $mode)) {
             $ret = 0;
             $reterror = "mkdir($subdir,$mode) failed: $!";
             last;
           }
(...)

The error states:   mkdir(//(PC name)/) failed for tree   (...)
so
this must have erroneously found FALSE:   if (! -d $subdir)

$subdir was my PC name with slashes, a text without spaces, like
//testpc02/

Could somebody look into that problem on Windows 10?
Many of my users are already using Win 10, so if the problem remains
they will not be able to use TL 2020 with SPBuchsatz.