tl2020 pretest begin

khzimmer at posteo.de khzimmer at posteo.de
Wed Mar 4 08:19:23 CET 2020

PS: My mail was incorrect, I had started the installation like this:

install-tl-windows.bat -repository https://www.texlive.info/tlpretest/

on Windows 10, as normal user, not as admin.

without such error, using the same user account, in 2018.)

Am 04.03.2020 07:01 schrieb khzimmer at posteo.de:
> Hi,
>
> just wondering: Did somebody else test installing on Windows 10?
>
> I forgot to mention, my test box runs on Win 10, so perhaps that's the
> reason for the error?
>
> I had started installation (as a user, not as admin) by
> double-clicking the install exe file, and made no extra modifications
> in the GUI.
>
> Cheers
> Karl-Heinz
>
> Am 03.03.2020 14:12 schrieb khzimmer at posteo.de:
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> just tried installing this test version of tl2020 (after uninstalling
>> tl2018) in a windows machine here.
>>
>> Installation ended with this output:
>>
>> | mktexlsr: Done.
>> | C:/Users/(user
>> name)/texlife-2020-pretest/install-tl/install-tl-20200303/install-tl:
>> mkdir(//(PC name)/) failed for tree \\(PC name)\profile$\(user
>> name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs/TeX Live
>> 2020: No such file or directory at C:/Users/(user
>> name)/texlife-2020-pretest/install-tl/install-tl-20200303/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
>> line 928.
>>
>> Is that a known error?
>>
>> Also, I can start TeXworks, but when trying to run lualatex it does
>> not succeed but it ends with this:
>>
>> | Running the command C:\texlive\2020\bin\win32\fmtutil-user.exe
>> | This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (TeX Live 2020/W32TeX)
>> |  restricted system commands enabled.
>> | I can't find the format file `lualatex.fmt'!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Karl-Heinz
>>

>> Am 03.03.2020 03:09 schrieb Karl Berry:
>>> I think the pretest area is populated with the first build for TL
>>> 2020.
>>> See https://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html as usual for details of how
>>> install (unchanged from previous years), and the list of notable