[EXT] Re: rendering brackets

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Mon Jun 22 12:16:58 CEST 2020

Micha J. Baars wrote:

> I see it like this. 75% of the tex input behaves as "intended" (as
> more than 50% of the input), while 25% behaves differently. I would
> call that unexpected behaviour.

Micha, you just don't seem to understand.  TeX (like every other
programming language) never "behaves as 'intended'" — it does /exactly/
what you tell it to do, neither more, nor less.  It cannot read your
mind.  It cannot know what you /intend. /All it knows it what you have
told it to do.  And (especially in TeX's case), it does that to
perfection and in a totally predictable and repeatable way.

/Philip Taylor/