@INC in updmap

texlive at schoepfer.info texlive at schoepfer.info
Sun Jun 7 12:03:12 CEST 2020

Hi Norbert,

>> TEXMFROOT/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
>
> Why do you put the scripts there? They should be in
> 	TEXMFROOT/tlpkg/TeXLive
> ?

Because until now, i have no need for a tlpkg directory. As i'm
redistributing,
tlmgr(which seems to need tlpkg) is not supported, at least not at the
moment.

TEXMFROOT here is /usr/share.

unmodified INC from updmap says:
@INC contains: /usr/share/tlpkg /usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at
/usr/bin/updmap line 41

As i'd like put everything tex-related in $TEXMFROOT/texmf-dist/ , none
of these fit, especially
not /usr/share/tlpkg.
But TEXMFROOT/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/ does, and some other
perl-scripts from texlive would also find their stuff there.
Maybe /usr/share/perl5/ would be good alternative for me for the
TeXLive-dir.

Johannes