TeXLive2019, TeXStudio and \input

Richard Graham rickhg12hs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:30:17 CEST 2020

Interesting problem!  I have no solution for you, but I know how I would
approach the problem if I had access to both the "fast" and "slow" systems.

Have you profiled the difference between the "fast" and "slow" systems?
For example, how much time is spent accessing the drives and/or network?

Is the slowness only applicable to using TeXStudio?  For example, from the
commandline, does generating a PDF with the two systems take the same time?

Within TeXStudio for the two systems, are the "build" commands the same?

I wish you good luck finding a solution!
Regards,
RG