.tlpsrc files and package dependencies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 2 00:56:52 CEST 2020

    hard deps are on a line itself,

I thought of that but it seemed more parallel to always have a keyword
on each non-comment line.

But ok, let's say that "hard" is the default if no keyword is specified
(i.e., a line does not contain a space).

Oh, and let's say all the usual stuff: spaces at beginnings and ends of
lines are ignored, and blank lines are ignored, and multiple spaces are
the same as one, and ASCII SPC and TAB are both whitespace but no other
chars.

    and soft deps have a + prefix or so
            dep1
            dep2
            +xedep

"+" could mean anything; I would not guess it meant "soft" (I suppose
this is what Debian uses?).

So I prefer an explicit "soft". Picayunely yours :), k.