TeXworks very slow to open or close files

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:27:05 CEST 2020

I am experiencing the same problem on windows 10. TeXworks takes ages
(several minutes) to start, requires a lot of computing time (around 16% on
my i7) but does not show the GUI.

There is neither a .texworks nor a _texworks directory but a TeXworks
directory (same content as on Rick's machine). I had already reinstalled
TeXworks, this did not improve the situation.

Uwe

--
Dr. Uwe Ziegenhagen
0179-7476050