How to package executables

Louis spalax at gresille.org
Sun Jul 19 22:19:36 CEST 2020

Hi,
I hope I am posting this to the right mailing list.

I recently released a simple python package on CTAN [1] (simple in that
is has no (python) dependencies). When I released it, Manfred Lotz (of
the CTAN team) mentionned that it might be shipped with texlive, and
advised me to ask for help on this mailing list.

[1] https://www.ctan.org/pkg/spix

The only documentation about releasing executables on texlive I found is
here [2], but I found no precise instructions.

[2] https://tug.org/texlive/pkgcontrib.html#exec

My question is: how can I get my python executable on texlive? Is there
an expected way to release a python executable on ctan, so that it can
be included in texlive?

I do not ask for a custom way to release my specific package to texlive:
I am asking if there is a standard way to release a (python) executable
to texlive.

Thanks,
Louis