Arch Package Update required

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Tue Feb 25 15:15:17 CET 2020

Hi Robert,

what you reached here is the upstream TeXLive, that is the glue between
what happens on CTAN (new packages, bug fixes) and the end users that
installed TeXLive via our own, distro-agnostic package management. In
the TL sources, last pull from CTAN for filehook was v0.7 from
2020-02-03 and contains Martin's fixes [0] you mentioned.

It is not in our scope to maintain distribution-specific packages.
So, if you want the Archlinux packagers [1] to rebuild their packages,
be kindly redirected to their resources.
Or you could replace Arch's official texlive-* packages by the AUR
pseudo-package texlive-installer [2] that provides a thin compatibility
layer between pacman dependency resolution and our (off-pacman)
upstream TeXLive packaging.

Either way, I CCed Rémy, the Archlinux maintainer.

Happy hacking!
Johannes

[0]
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/filehook/

[1]
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/texlive-core/
texlive-core was last updated on 2019-11-01 and flagged as outdated
four days later…

[2]
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/texlive-installer/