about files removal from fontsetup

Antonis Tsolomitis atsol at aegean.gr
Mon Dec 21 10:07:36 CET 2020

Dear TL maintainers,

I just realized that although the package I upload to CTAN
contains all the files needed, some of them are removed by
TEXLIVE. These files according to README.TEXLIVE found in

texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/latex/fontsetup

are

	fspcambria.sty
	fsplucidaot.sty
	fspminion.sty
	fspmsgaramondot.sty
and
	fspsample-cambria.pdf
	fspsample-lucida.pdf
	fspsample-minion.pdf
	fspsample-msgaramond.pdf

Can you please explain me the reason? The source of the pdf files
are included in fontsetup as fspsample.tex; one file for all of
them as they are identical except the fonts. The file
fspsample.tex does contain all fontselection lines commented out.

These pdf files do contain commercial fonts embedded. Even if you
do not allow this, I do not understand what is the problem with
the .sty files. These are text files showing how to use commercial
fonts. There is nothing nonfree in the style files. Why are they
removed?

thank you,

Antonis.