[UCE] `beamer.cls'

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Dec 15 05:50:46 CET 2020

Alireza Khalili <khaliliasbo at yahoo.com> reports this error at his
site:

	! LaTeX Error: File `beamer.cls' not found.

Beamer has been around for many years, and should be in every TeX Live
distribution

On my home Ubuntu 20.04 system, I get this report:

	% kpsewhich beamer.cls
	/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls

Did you install a minimal TeX Live, and then perhaps still need to
install the beamer package?  If so, then this should fix your problem:

	% tlmgr update --self
	% tlmgr install beamer

If, on the other hand, you have used some Unix distribution's
installation of TeX, then many of them split up the system into
hundreds of separate packages, and you may have to use the system
package manager (apt-get, dnf, pacman, pkg, pkgutil, slapt-get, yum,
....)  that is appropriate for your system.

On my Ubuntu system, beamer is installed by apt in this location:

	/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls

and comes from this package:

	% dpkg -S /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls
	texlive-latex-recommended: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls