Biber 2.15 cannot find bib files in texmf directory due to a kpsewhich error

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Aug 24 11:57:51 CEST 2020

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 09:42:11PM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
>    OK, it is "short for global", but where does "global" come into it ?
>    There is no further mention of the word "global" in the Wikipedia
>    definition

  Your incurious curiosity never ceases to amaze me.  It doesn’t take
long to find more information, for example

	https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/shell-scripting-expert/9781118166321/c04-anchor-1.xhtml

that states that “global” refers to the fact that /etc/glob was supposed
to search all the directories in $PATH, as opposed to /bin only, which
was its original, buggy behaviour.

	Arthur