[tex-live] Trouble with Czech/Slovak

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 09:43:24 CEST 2020

čt 13. 8. 2020 v 7:54 odesílatel Dr. Werner Fink <werner at suse.de> napsal:

> On 2020/08/13 11:59:13 +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> > Dear Werner,
> >
> > > # from csplain:
> > > csplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
> > > luacsplain luatex - -etex csplain.ini
> > > pdfcsplain luatex - -etex csplain.ini
> > > pdfcsplain pdftex - -etex -enc csplain-utf8.ini
> > > pdfcsplain xetex - -etex csplain.ini
> >
> > These lines are the same as the ones in the TeX Live 2020.
> > However there are lines
> >        if echo "$src" | grep '/pdfcsplain$' >/dev/null; then
> >          # at p.olsak insistence: we have three pdfcsplain entries in
> >          # fmtutil.cnf with different engines, but the executable link
> >          # must point to pdftex.
> >          verbose_echo "forcing pdfcsplain destination to be pdftex"
> >          dest=pdftex$exeext
> >        fi
> >        verbose_do ln -s "$dest" "$src"
> > in texlinks.sh in the TeX Live 2020, thus the executable pdfcsplain is
> > linked to pdftex. So you are using a different build environment
> > than the standard TeX Live 2020.
>
> Indeed, yes the full TeXLive source are build if possible with the system
> libraries for each distribution.  And meanwhile I've found also this in
> texlinks.sh and integrated this into the rpm spec file.
>
> Thanks for spotting!

Yes, I know about it. If you want to use csplain with xetex or luatex,
you have to specify the engine on the command line. I do not remember
the correct syntax, I would have to look into my e-mail archive or
into documentation written in Czech by Petr Olšák. His motivation is
that if t creates PDF directly, the name of te format must be pdftex
no matter which engine is used...

> Werner
>
> --
>   "Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
>           a peeing section in a swimming pool." -- Edward Burr

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz