Trouble with Czech/Slovak

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:24:11 CEST 2020

st 12. 8. 2020 v 13:29 odesílatel Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> napsal:

> On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 12:04, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> >
> > pdfcsplain cs-dired-ref.tex
>
> Off-topic, but ... why would one want to use "csplain" in 2020?
> (As opposed to some OpenType font and either LuaTeX or XeTeX? Or maybe
> pdfTeX with UTF-8 input and maybe Latin Modern in either T1 or IL2
> encoding in case that's the typeface of your choice.)

Situation with csplain is quite complex and you should ask Petr Olšák
why it is needed. Anyway, if you want to prepare a multilingual
document or a manual which has to be available in many languages, then
csplain for Czech/Slovak and any other format for the remaining
languages present unnecessary complexity. I would leave csplain for
those who know why they need it for their work and use LuaTeX or XeTeX
with polyglossia especially for manuals and such.

> Mojca

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz