xdvipdfmx:fatal: invalid offsize data

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 29 05:55:05 CEST 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:36:01PM +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> > In the above case, I installed fonts under fonts/truetype/.
> > I noticed that the suffix was .otf, so I moved into
> > fonts/opentype/.
> > Interestingly, this time, xdvipdfmx failed!!
>
> In the former case, there were another truetype cantarell fonts
> in a preferred directory, and they were used instead of the 0.201.
> So the difference is apparent and is not interesting, sorry.
>
> Best,
> Akira

Thanks.  If a font seems to have multiple variants in the same
directory, I just throw them all into their own directory under
/usr/share/fonts (on linux).  For weird mac fonts, or archives such
as old predecessoras of Noto which might have various versions, I
use what looks like the most-appropriate version.

These fonts are fun, aren't they.  After looking for cantarell bugs,
I eventually found a closed bug (gitlab at freedesktop, I think, but
I'm not on that machine at the moment) which reported the exact same
error and blamed using the VF in xelatex.

Shutting down for an early night now (it's gone 4:50 am, I call that
early :)

ĸen
--
He could send for Ptraci, his favourite handmaiden. She was special.
Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when