Package, Logo and Open Source

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 26 00:07:01 CEST 2020

As far as I know, there are no clear guidelines from the FSF, Debian, or
anyone else wrt trademarks in free software distributions. It's not my
place to unilaterally set policy in this area.

I will ask around for guidance before making changes.

Since wikimedia thinks they can distribute the MU logo, well, they have
basically the same requirements as TeX Live and free OS
distributions. Which would seem to imply that trademark restrictions
"don't count". This seems dubious to me, but that's where the logic is
leading me so far. --best, karl.