luatex problem with file with umlauts on windows 10

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:59:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

I have made an experiment with Czech Windows 7 running in VirtualBox
in Linux. I have copied a LaTeX source file created in Linux to a
shared directory as two copies, with and without accented characters.
The file system is Ext4, locale is UTF8 and it is used as a filesystem
charset. I have also zipped the files. If I mount it under windows as
a network drive, I see the file names correctly both in the command
window and in the explorer. I have then unzipped the archive in
Windows to a local disk with NTFS. I see the file names correctly in
the explorer as well as in the command window. If I open the file in
Notepad, the contents is displayed correctly (Notepad does not like
the unix line endings) but if I type it in the command window, the
text is damaged.

The screenshot is attached.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz