Doc for pkfix-helper

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Apr 21 23:54:44 CEST 2020

Applying texdoc to pkfix-helper, which has just been updated today, one is presented with the content of

	texmf-dist/doc/support/pkfix-helper/encoding-samples.pdf

This is not the actual documentation, but rather a complement to it, containing for example "(See the pkfix-helper documentation for details.)" on the right column of the front page.

Based on

	texmf-dist/doc/support/pkfix-helper/README

and on comparison with

	https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/pkfix-helper

the documentation seems to be the .pdf man page at

	texmf-dist/doc/man/man1/pkfix-helper.man1.pdf

By the way, this .pdf version of the man page exhibits formatting issues towards the top of p.5 (output of "dvips newfonts.dvi −o newfonts.ps" protruding into the right margin and partly cut) which are absent on p. 4 of the preformed .pdf file available on CTAN at

	http://mirrors.ctan.org/support/pkfix-helper/pkfix-helper.pdf

I don't know how texdoc could be configured to point to the .pdf man page. I thought this was through a database file associating each package with a given doc file. But looking further, this seems to be through a series of rules defined in

	texmf-dist/texdoc/texdoc.cnf

Sorry if these are all trivial issues already discussed on this list: I'm not familiar with texdoc, nor whether this is the proper place to report about it.

Bruno Voisin