tl20 released

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sat Apr 18 14:50:57 CEST 2020

Hi Johannes,

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020, texlive at schoepfer.info wrote:
> Not really, man-pages on slackware have to reside in /usr/man.
> My problem is that the man binary is overwritten by the texlive man-link.

> This is easy to fix for packaging, but i wonder if no one other stumbled
> over this.

In Debian I just don't install the man pages from BINDIR/man.

> I assume there are some reasons to not put mktexlsr in 00texlive.installer,

00texlive.installer contains only the files which are used for the
installer package. There no mktexlsr is needed. And as seen from the
name (00texlive...) it is one of those special packages that doesn't
adhere to a lot of "rules" (like no duplicate files ;-)

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev