TEXMFDBS and TEXMFHOME

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:48:15 CEST 2020

pá 17. 4. 2020 v 15:40 odesílatel Philip Taylor
<P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk> napsal:

> Christian Mondrup wrote:
>
> How can I append to the value of an assigned tex conf variable like TEXMFDBS? in case I should need to do so.
>

> Without looking back to see which O/S you are using ...  In Windows, you can evaluate the variable by surrounding it with per-cent symbols and then appending (or pre-pending), as in :
>
> C:\  Set TEXMFDBS = %TEXMFDBS%;D:\
> C:\  Set TEXMFDBS = D:\;%TEXMFDBS%

Almost the same in UNIX systems, you only use forward slashes, $ at
the beginning of the name instead of % signs around, colons instead of
semicolons (UNIX has no drive letters), you must not use spaces around
=, and you need export. Whether you use "set" or something else,
depends on your shell.

> Philip Taylor

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz