TEXMFDBS and TEXMFHOME

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:12:52 CEST 2020

pá 17. 4. 2020 v 9:03 odesílatel Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> napsal:

> >     > ----------- Snip 8 ---------------------
> >
> >     > By default there is no ls-R file in TEXMFHOME and TEXMFHOME is not
> >     > in TEXMFDBS.  This is intentional because the number of files in
> >     > TEXMFHOME is relatively small and a database lookup is not
> >     > necessary.
> >
> > But what is "small"? I have 250+ files in my ~/.texmf, various old .tex
> > and personal .sty files, and documentation.
> >
> Yes, 250 is small. My quite small texmf-local contains 7200 files.
> Compare with texmfdist containing more than 190 thousand files.

Just one additional note: I have just looked into a directory tree of
our book we are just writing. It has a main file, its .sty, one file
per chapter, one file per image. It now contains just preview images
and will contain two versions of production quality images, colour and
grayscale (not yet created). The whole project now contains 200+ files
and when everything is finished, t will contain approximately 600
files (with files for gnuplot etc). Thus 250 is really a small system.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz