Install texlive on WSL subsystem in text mode

Jose Hissa Ferreira jose.hissa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 20:50:43 CEST 2020

Greetings,

I have the new 2020 release installed on my Linux (Ubuntu) home
machine, but I have to install one copy at my Windows 10 (university)
computer. Before install the windows executable I would like to try an
install using the WSL subsystem (Ubuntu 18.04). Unfortunately, all my
attempts failed.

I found some messages about how to resolve problems *after* an
installation, but I did not find any references about *how* to
install.

My attempts as user, root and sudo all failed with the messages:

: not foundtaller/config.guess: 4: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 6: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 33: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 34: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 36: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 48: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 57: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
: not foundtaller/config.guess: 60: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
./tlpkg/installer/config.guess: 63: ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess:
Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting "in")
install-tl: could not run ./tlpkg/installer/config.guess, cannot
proceed, sorry at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 265.

I have no idea about how to proceed. May I ask, please, any help and advice?

--
[ ]'s,

JHissa