LaTeX compilers can't find files in texmf-local

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Apr 12 16:28:41 CEST 2020

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:09:03PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2020, Manuel Boni wrote:
> > 2) Give full control of the folder to every user
>
> Write access??? Should not be necessary. read and execute is necessary
> for each directory on the way, as I wrote before.

The permission system of NTFS is impossibly complicated, and the
tools to handle permissions, either gui or command-line, are pretty
horrible. So, straightening out permissions by copying things back
and forth is not totally insane.

Anyhow, mktexlsr needs to be run as administrator for an admin
install. You can do this from an admin command prompt. But you can
also start TeX Live Manager from the menu, which will auto-elevate
if necessary, and then do Actions >> Regenerate filename database.

--
Siep Kroonenberg