[texcollection] TeX Collection upload from April 6

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Apr 8 17:33:34 CEST 2020

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 12:09:55PM +0200, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 11:41:22 +0200
> Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at bitmuis.nl> wrote:

> > > redistributable dlls. As I wrote, many w7 users may not run into it.
> > >
> > > Anyhow, w7 users have the workaround option to run protext/setup or
> > > texlive/install-tl-windows directly.
> > >
> > > So it is fine with me if you decide to go ahead anyway.
> >

> I was just asking. I am not the guy to decide anything regarding
> texlive. This is Karl and team.
>
> Honestly, it sounds ok (and good) to me to say "we support is as long
> as it is not too much trouble...".
>

> > I forgot that it is also a w8 problem, which somewhat weakens the
> > case for ignoring. But still there is a workaround, and most w8
> > users will have moved to w10.
> >

> Yeah, as said this is Karl and team to decide if resp. what to do.

Me belonging to 'and team', I would be inclined to go ahead, since
the problem will probably impact only few users.

I am not really happy about it, but a new iso would be an
opportunity for new bugs to creep in, with not many people willing
to test this third iteration. But the final decision lies with Karl.

--
Siep Kroonenberg