microscopic fonts in TL guis

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Wed Apr 8 16:31:36 CEST 2020

On Wed, Apr  8, 2020 at 16:20 (+0200), Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Hi,

> my experience with SW written in ParlTk is that it (at least on my
> computers) often starts with such tiny fonts. I am not an expert but
> it helps if I use this command-line option:

> -font 'Helvetica,24'

> I tried different numbers and 24 looks well on my computer, you shoud
> experiment with it. And this is not related to tlmgr --gui, this was
> an experiment with a PerlTk program written by me. Maybe someone comes
> with a better method.

Thanks Zdenek, that does the trick with tlmgr.  And *now* I see that
option on page 28 of the tlmgr doc (mea culpa).

I had looked at "texdoc tlshell" and "texdoc tlcockpit" and neither
give any enlightenment about fonts.  Obviously I gave up too quickly.

This solution doesn't work for tlshell or tlcockpit.  Norbert and
Siep: any similar option(s) there?  If so, what do you think about adding
them to the texdoc info?

Cheers.

                                        Jim