microscopic fonts in TL guis

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Wed Apr 8 16:15:02 CEST 2020

Hi,

I normally (i.e., since forever) use the terminal interface to tlmgr,
but all this gooey talk got me a bit intrigued.

I have tried tlcockpit, tlmgr --gui and tlshell and I get GUIs with
fonts whose capital letters are about 4 (TeX) points high.  While I
appreciate efficient use of space as much as the next guy (maybe even
more), without hacking the code is there any way to get any GUI at a
larger size?

I am using a 4K monitor with about 163 dpi; do all the GUIs assume
there are 96 pixels to the inch, or make some similar error?

Cheers.
                                Jim