TeX Collection upload from April 6

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Apr 7 20:59:00 CEST 2020

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 01:02:03PM +0200, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 07:20:16PM +0200, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Newest upload of TeX Collection from April 6 at
> > http://tug.org/~manfred/ contains latest fixes which (we are
> > confident) solve the windows problems.
>
> Just for completeness: I just did a full installation of TeX Live on
> windows 10.

I also retested setup/texcollection.exe, on 64-bit windows 7, I got
a message about a missing dll:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-0.dll is
missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this
problem.

And when closing this message box:

Error loading Python DLL 'D:\setup\python3.8.dll'.
LoadLibrary: The specified module could not be found.

Ths latter error message is probably a consequence of the previous
error.

On Windows 10 this did not happen, presumably because this windows
version already contains this dll.

With TL, we ran into such a problem two or three years ago,and had
to add maybe six api-ms-win-* dlls (on top of the ones that were
already added) to make it work on older windows versions.

Protext/setup.exe worked ok on w7 and w8.

--
Siep Kroonenberg