verify_checksum: -5 (probably not tlcontrib this time)

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Apr 7 03:21:41 CEST 2020

Hi Jack, hi all,

> Indeed, the gpg key for the main TL19 repository expired yesterday :(.
> The TL20 release will have an updated key.

Yes, that was somehow a bad timing.

> tell it to skip verification with tlmgr --verify-repo=none.

Yes.

> Also, I believe Norbert reworked the verification code (in tlmgr 54118,
> 7mar20) so that it both gives a more comprehensible error message and
> continues anyway in the case of an expired key, precisely for this case.

That is true, but you need to update with the latest
	tlmgr-update-latest.sh
from tlnet to get this changes. It seems that you haven't done an update
for some time, and now it is in the old stage with the bug, and expired
key.

Here, with TL2019 final, I see:
$ tlmgr update --repo ~/public_html/tlnet --list
TeX Live 2019 is frozen forever and will no
longer be updated.  This happens in preparation for a new release.

If you're interested in helping to pretest the new release (when
pretests are available), please read https://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html.
Otherwise, just wait, and the new release will be ready in due time.
tlmgr: package repository /home/norbert/public_html/tlnet (not verified: valid signature with expired key)
tlmgr: would save backups to /home/norbert/tl/2019/tlpkg/backups
update:   tex4ht             [949k]: local:    53966, source:    54213
$

And update works

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev