Call for testing: TeX Collection 2020

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Sat Apr 4 21:16:26 CEST 2020

Am 03.04.20 um 21:37 schrieb Herbert Voss:

> Am 02.04.20 um 08:59 schrieb Manfred Lotz:
>> Hi folks,
>> The tex collection image for 2020 is available for testing at
>>       http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2020.iso
>>
>> Checksums are available as:
>>    http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2020.iso.md5
>> or
>>    http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2020.iso.sha256
>>
>> Like last year I just make assumptions what could be possibly
>> tested by you. Feel free to do whatever you can do.
>>
>> Uwe Ziegenhagen:  texlive on Linux,
>> Windows; protext on Windows; antivirus check
>>
>> Martin Sievers: texlive on Ubuntu; protext on Windows 10
>>
>> Thomas Feuerstack: protext on Windows
>>
>> Klaus Höppner: protext on Windows
>>
>> Herbert Voß: protext on Windows, texlive on Linux
>
> proTeXt on Windows10 and TeXLive on Debian 10.3 (both 64 Bit) worked well

Just for interest I tested texlive for Windows. I am running Windows10
(32Bit on a x64 based processor) in a  virtual machine on macOS.
I mounted the iso as optical drive D: and then started install-tl-windows
and had a problem:

Installing to: C:/texlive/2020
D:/texlive/install-tl: mkdir(C:/texlive/2020/) failed for tree
C:/texlive/2020: Permission denied at D:/texlive/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
line 937, <STDIN> line 96.

Running the setup programm for proTeXt is no problem.

Herbert