Call for testing: TeX Collection 2020

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Fri Apr 3 02:37:18 CEST 2020

Thanks, Manfred, for the announcement of the availability of
texcol2020.iso!  It, and its checksum files, has now been mirrored to

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/Images/

I can also report that I've successfully used the ISO image to install
TL2020 today on virtual machines running these operating systems:

	* MidnightBSD 1.2
	* FreeBSD 13.0
	* OpenIndiana Hipster (OpenSolaris)
	* NetBSD 10.0
	* Ubuntu 20.04 (in progress as I write this)

The one suggestion that I'd like to make for next year's installer
script is that it not bail out if no binaries are available for the
platform.  All that it should do is turn off generation of *.fmt
files.

To get around that flaw, on 3 of the above 5, I arbitrarily chose one
set of binaries that I later deleted, installing instead a suitable
package from

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/bin