Non-free fonts and MacTeX 20203003

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 1 18:36:38 CEST 2020

Giovanni and others,

The name, and thus date, of the package you used is 20200330; I just checked on TUG.

Note that the directory texlive/2020/texmf-config/web2 does not exist. It did not exist in 2019 either.

The updmap in bin/x86_64-darwin is a link to a perl script, and line 1495 of that script indeed prints out the error message you report, but the path containing web2 is in a variable defined elsewhere. I don't read perl, so I leave further remarks to others.

Perhaps someone on this list can guess what went wrong here. I don't use the nonfreefonts and am reluctant to install them and test further.

Richard Koch