Xelatex bug in NetBSD

Pierre Dupond 76nemo76 at gmx.ch
Sat Sep 14 17:30:22 CEST 2019

Finally I have found a solution.

The problem is caused by the fact that the library "libfreetype.so.18"
is in version 19 in the current version of NetBSD.

To solve that, one has to copy (on the machine where NetBSD current is run)
the library "libfreetype.so.18" from NetBSD 8.1 and
to use the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

A smarter solution would have been to use the tool "patchelf"
to modify the "run-path" variable of the executable. Unfortunately, after
the modification by the tool, the executable can no more be run
(due to a strange problem of versions between the ELF format).

Finally, the solution I have choosen is to install
the "i386-netbsd" executables and to add the i386 X11 libraries
from i386 NetBSD 8.1 under the directory "/emul/netbsd32".

By using the i386 binaries, all seem to work (I have not yet done
much testing).

--
Gmail <76nemo76 at gmx.ch>