luatex doesn't find files with non-ascii on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Oct 28 10:12:48 CET 2019

Am Mon, 28 Oct 2019 06:31:27 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

Dear Akira,

>> \input grüße
>> \bye
>
> Sorry. Please use a special option for lua[jit]tex for W32TeX,
> -cmdx, as the first option, that is, argv[1], if
> non-ascii file names are used:
> lualatex -cmdx ...
> It must be the first option. Otherwise it is silently ignored.
> I'm taking this dirty method since my code for non-ascii file
> names is incompatible with ConTeXt.

Ah, yes I now remember the discussions last year.

Using the option works fine, but I think that a solution is needed
which activates this option as default on windows, like the
"command_line_encoding = utf-8" in texmf.cnf for the other engines.

I asked the luatex maintainer, perhaps something can be found that
is compatible to ConTeXt.

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/