\pdffilesize and spaces and other charcters

Christopher Rowley c.a.rowley at icloud.com
Wed Oct 23 13:21:08 CEST 2019

Bruno,

> On 20 Oct 2019, at 17:16, Bruno Le Floch <blflatex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm writing this from memory of a few years back.

Understood!  Also, I understood you to say that there are differences in the way protected macros are treated within file-name specs by different primitives, and maybe also for the same (name) primitive on different engines.  Is that corr3ct?

> It is not very important to the question at hand.

Maybe not to the spaces question, but maybe it is quite important in a more general sense?

If the handling of “tex input intended to specify a file name” may be treated differently by different “file-name processing primitives” or by the same (name) primitive in different engines then that is surely of some import.  At least these facts should be clearly established and fully documented.

Chris