\pdfmajorversion

Maximilian Nöthe maximilian.noethe at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Oct 22 10:59:14 CEST 2019

Hi,

The current master of poppler uses C++14, which is now 5 years old.
Compiler support for most of it was already available in gcc 4.9
(released 2014-04-22), fully supported in 5 (2015-04-22).
Clang 3.4 came out at the beginning of 2014 with full support of c++14.

* Is there a list of OSes that should still be supported?

* When is a decision made to drop old systems?

* Wouldn't it be okay for old systems just to install a compatible older
release?

Cheers
Max