\pdfmajorversion

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 23:50:04 CEST 2019

On 21/10/2019 22:40, Karl Berry wrote:
>      Updated version of the patch is attached. This should cover all of the
>      key points:
>
> Wow, thank you. Do you have test documents?

I only did minimal testing here thus-far: uncompressed run to be able to
read the PDF as plain text.

> If we ever get through the versioned TL containers stuff, I'll turn to
> this next ...
>
>      - Image inclusion checks \pdfmajorversion
>
> Sorry, but I couldn't easily tell from the source: what happens when a
> PDF2 image is included in a run with PDF1 output? Experience has shown
> that we should allow this (not by default), that is,
> \pdfinclusionerrorlevel and related should still take effect. I believe.

I just extended the code that was already there, and thus should already
be giving a warning/error if you include say a PDF 1.7 document in a PDF
1.4 run. I hope it's acting correctly, but it's not been tested.

Joseph