Aleph

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 15:26:26 CEST 2019

Taylor, P wrote:

Norbert Preining wrote:
That looks indeed much worse, but are you sure it is the same input? It

shows *two* "u" subscripts, which is surprising.

Absolutely the same input, Norbert :  I made only a three/four/three character change in the file ("ans" -> "erif" -> "ans") and observed the output change.

I can now confirm that XeTeX by itself does not misplace the final vowel in my sample text — the problem is seemingly introduced by the use of TikZ's "style characters={ཕེབས་པར་དགའ་བསུ་ཞུ།} with {character command=\Tibetan}"

\magnification \magstep 5

\font \TibetanSans = "Noto Sans Tibetan Bold"

\font \Tibetan = "Noto Serif Tibetan Bold"

\def \TibetanText {ཕེབས་པར་དགའ་བསུ་ཞུ།}

\centerline {\TibetanSans \TibetanText}

\centerline {\Tibetan \TibetanText}

\end