Aleph

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 15 16:50:11 CEST 2019

Hi Zdenek,

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> luatex only. Moreover, Devanagari is in luatex broken again and I am

Yes, Devanagari and Tibetan are very similar (obviously from the
history), to they share the same problems.

You say that you would expect harfbuzz to work correctly, but I don't
see that this is actually the case.

Do you know what LibreOffice is using? Because LibreOffice correctly
displays the complicated ligature I send back then when using the fonts
	YagpoUni
(and some others), while with Noto Sans Tibetan it is broken.

The attached PDF is generated from LibreOffice with some fonts I have at
hand.

It shows that LibreOffice is indeed capable of correctly rendering the
complicated ligature, which none of lua(hb)tex nor xetex could render.
Though I have no idea what is the reason for that!

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev