Aleph

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:40:24 CEST 2019

Hi,

I do not know much about OTP, I read an article about it many years
ago but never tried. I know the difference between XeTeX and luatex.
XeTeX first used ICU, now it makes use of harfbuzz, hence generally
all scripts are supported and should work. It is still a chance that
an error will be spotted by maintainers of these libraries even
outside TeX so we can benefit from users of other systems. In luatex
the glyph rendering must be programmed in lua. It can be done but
somebody has to do it. However, these rendering algorithms are used in
luatex only. Moreover, Devanagari is in luatex broken again and I am
not able to find a version which worked. And I do ot have time to
prepare a bug report. It can also be a font specific problem, because
the same feature can be encoded by several ways. I found that some
Devanageri fonts work fine in XeTeX, LibreOffice, Kate, <oXygen/>
(commercial XML editor), but not in MS Office.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz